As the only edible food crop that flourishes at the high altitudes of Perus central highlands, Maca has been grown and consumed there as far back as 1, 600 BC. Maca’s traditional uses as an energizing sexual tonic and fertility-enhancing food have been well- documented in modern medical studies.
Maca has also been associated with promoting healthy female sexual interest and healthy reproductive system function by assisting with hormone balance, which is often a cause of migraines and headaches.
There are many factors that contribute to headaches for both men and women, including family history, age, stress, lack of sleep, and etc. Women, however, often notice a relationship between headaches and hormonal changes. The hormones estrogen and progesterone play key roles in regulating the menstrual cycle and pregnancy and may also affect headache-related chemicals in the brain. Stable estrogen levels may improve headaches while fluctuating estrogen levels can make headaches worse.
If you suffer from this disease, the clinic, and Dr. Ferreira are ready to support and provide treatment for you! If you wish to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ferreira, please visit our patient hours HERE or contact us at (801) 396-8850.
For patients who need to be seen by Dr. Ferreira physically in the clinic – as they are considered urgent cases, we would like to ask them to come in with a homemade facemask. If you do not have a mask, the State of Utah will provide one for free so please go HERE to read further on it. Dr. Ferreira will also be taking their temperature and providing hand sanitizer to everyone before they enter the clinic. We would also limit the number of appointments per day as we will be implementing a 1-hour gap for every appointment so there is enough time for her to sanitize the surroundings between in-office visits.
For patients who wish to purchase supplements, we would require them to call us in advance that way we can put them in the schedule.
For appointments that do not require any physical examination or are not urgent, we would like to ask our patients to still have the appointments done via Phone Consultation or Telemedicine to minimize the risks of contracting the virus.
Prescription & Appointment Reminders:
- Any patient currently receiving prescription management from Dr. Ferreira we would like to remind you that clinic policy is to ask your pharmacy to send us a prescription refill request 2 weeks at minimum prior to you running out of your medication. You may also reach out to the clinic as a secondary reminder but having the pharmacy send us the request will still be mandatory. This allows Dr. Ferreira to review the patient’s chart prior to authorizing the request to ensure it is still appropriate. It also allows her to take care of these tasks on her administrative day of the business. It will prevent you from going without if Dr. Ferreira is not available due to a holiday and/or conference attendance, which can result in a week closure.
- If you wait only a few days prior to receiving a refill, you may need to ask your pharmacy to provide you an emergency supply to help you get through until Dr. Ferreira is able to send a refill over to your pharmacy.
- Dr. Ferreira will also like to note that due to the high volume of messages she receives on a daily basis on the patient portal and sometimes through the clinic email, she is no longer able to respond as quickly and looking to only answer emails/messages on a weekly basis on her admin day. If you are reaching out due to an urgent matter please do not send a message but rather contact the clinic to make an appointment so your concern may be addressed appropriately. You may also schedule an appointment online via the Patient Portal on Patient Fusion.
We would like to remind everyone of our clinic’s cancellation policy. We kindly request our patients to cancel 2 business days prior to their scheduled appointments to avoid the $50 cancellation fee. This allows us to schedule patients who might want to take that time slot as well as Dr. Ferreira reviewing a few days before to prepare for your appointment. In addition to that, we encourage everyone to set up their Patient Fusion Account if they haven’t.
Here are a couple of benefits of activating your Patient Fusion Account:
- A quick click to schedule a new appointment or reschedule one you can’t make.
- Receive reminders for upcoming appointments so you don’t forget! A great way to avoid late cancellation fees.
Clinic policies & Portal Login can be also found on the website under the “Current Patients” tab.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and/or concerns! We would like to thank everyone in advance for following our precautionary measures for our safety. Thank you for your continued support and we wish for your safety!
Let us all support everyone who is suffering from this disease with Empowered Healing, Empowered Health, resulting in an Empowered YOU!