This month of July will be a month of celebrations! We will celebrate Independence Day and Pioneer Day!
In addition, Empowered Healing Center turns 2 on July 16!
We would like to remind everyone that the conditions of public gatherings have changed and it is important to practice social distancing and to avoid social gatherings due to the rising coronavirus cases across the state. Events that showcase fireworks display have been canceled due to the concern of public gatherings putting Uthans at risk of being infected with the virus.
Click HERE to read the article about this matter.
The city is encouraging those who hold their own private fireworks events to wear masks, social distance, wash hands frequently, and keep the gatherings to 20 people or less, as recommended by the state.
Safety tips for discharging fireworks:
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them!
- Always have water handy (a hose or buckets of water).
- Only use fireworks as intended. DO NOT try to alter them or combine them.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Use common sense when using fireworks. Spectators should keep a safe distance from the fireworks. The person lighting the fireworks should wear safety glasses.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix! Have a “designated” person light fireworks.
- Only persons over age 12 should be allowed to handle sparklers of any type.
- DO NOT ever use homemade fireworks or illegal explosives; they can kill! Report illegal explosives to the police department in your community.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to supervise their children while using fireworks.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to place spent fireworks in for at least 12 hours before discarding into a garbage can.
We would like to highlight some products that might be of good use for this season as there may be instances wherein you may suffer from cuts and abrasions despite the safety precaution.
For our product highlights this month:
All Purpose Salve by Wise Woman Herbals
- Soothes minor irritations, promotes healthy skin.
- Apply a small amount and rub gently into skin until absorbed.
- Do not use internally.
- Do not apply to broken or abraded skin.
- Olive oil
- Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol acetate) (soy-based)
- Vitamin A (retinol palmitate)
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Click HERE to order from FullScript.
- Certified Organically Grown & Sustainably Wildcrafted
- All of the herbs in this formula are individually extracted to ensure a broad spectrum of therapeutic plant compounds.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Click HERE to order from FullScript.
- Proprietary extract blend:
- Comfrey root(Symphytum officinale)
- St. Johns Wort flowering tops(Hypericum perforatum)
- Calendula flower(Calendula officinalis)
- Chickweed herb(Stellaria media)
- Mullein leaf(Verbascum olympicum and thapsus)
- Plantain leaf(Plantago major and lanceolata)
- Additional Ingredients: Certified organic olive oil, Sustainably Wildcrafted beeswax, and Sustainably Wildcrafted bees propolis and extracts of Benzoin & Rosemary.
- Do not apply to broken skin. Do not use when pregnant or nursing.
- Keep Out of the Reach of Children.
We are very thankful to all our patients for the continued support! And for trusting Dr. Ferreira for the wellness of your health! Happy Anniversary to everyone and here's to more years of celebration and good health!
Clinic Reminders and Precautionary Measures: Follow up appointments that DO NOT REQUIRE any physical examination will be conducted via:
- Phone Consultation
Patients who REQUIRE a physical exam or service, the following is clinic protocol to enter the premises:
- Facemask must be worn to enter the clinic
- Boby temperature scan upon entering
- Hand sanitizer dispensed upon entering<
The number of appointments per day have been reduced as to implement a 1-hour gap for every appointment to allow time for sanitazion of the clinic space and prevent more than one patient in the lobby simultaneously.
For patients who wish to purchase supplements, please call us in advance that way we can schedule a pick up time. Thank you for your patience with the new matter that your health care is being conducted. By following these measures we are able to minimize the exposure to all parties involved, especially reducing the risk to those patients who are in the vulnerable population that are immune compromised. We would like to remind everyone as well that Dr. Ferreira is in this group and depends also on those that she is exposed to that they have done their best to social distance and wear a mask when out in public so she may also continue to serve all patients during this pandemic.
Prescription & Appointment Reminders:
- Ask your pharmacy to send the clinic a prescription refill request 2 weeks at minimum prior to you running out of your medication.
- You may also reach out to the clinic as a secondary reminder but having the pharmacy send us the request will still be mandatory.
- Allows Dr. Ferreira to review the patient’s chart prior to authorizing the request to ensure it is still appropriate. She needs to and does review your chart before refills are sent in on her administrative day of business.
- It will prevent you from going without if Dr. Ferreira is not available due to a holiday and/or conference attendance, which can result in a week closure.
Emergency Refill Requests:
- You may need to ask your pharmacy to provide you an emergency supply if Dr. Ferreira is absent due to an unforseen circumstance and/or conference.
- Requesting a refill when you have ran out may subject you to a fee. We reserve the right to charge for an Emergency Refill for a time frame less than that of clinic policy.
Messages to Dr. Ferreira:
- Dr. Ferreira addresses these messages on her admin day so please be patient.
- Messages via the patient portal and/or clinic email directed to Dr. Ferreira should be of NON-URGENT matters.
- For urgent matters please do not send a message but rather contact the clinic to make an appointment so your concern may be addressed appropriately. You may also schedule an appointment online via the Patient Portal on Patient Fusion by loging in HERE.
- Avoid the $50 cancellation fee by canceling 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment – Clinic Cancellation Policy.
- Allows us to schedule patients who may be desire an earlier date from their scheduled appointment
- Allows Dr. Ferreira to prepare for the correct patients on schedule as reviews cases a few days before your appointment.
Here are a couple of benefits of activating your Patient Fusion Account:
- A quick click to schedule a new appointment or reschedule one you can’t make.
- Receive reminders for upcoming appointments so you don’t forget! A great way to avoid late cancellation fees.
Clinic policies & Portal Login can be also found on the website under the “Current Patients” tab.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and/or concerns! We would like to thank everyone in advance for following our precautionary measures for our safety.
Thank you for your continued support and we wish for your safety!
Let us all celebrate the events this month with Empowered Healing, Empowered Health, resulting in an Empowered YOU!