This month of August is National Back to School Month
With the on-going pandemic, we are currently unsure if schools will reopen this year. We are still uncertain of what are the necessary changes the government will implement to guarantee the safety of everyone most especially the children because their safety is our top priority.
For this reason, these may lead to unnecessary stress. So for this month, we would like to highlight a product that can help parents of school-age children or for adults who are going through school.
Product highlights for this month:
- HPA Adapt by Integrative Therapeutics
HPA Adapt – Supporting Stress Hormone Balance via the HPA Axis with Adaptogenic Herbs
The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, or HPA axis, is the central part of the stress response system. It involves a complex set of interactions and feedback loops between the hypothalamus, the pituitary, and the adrenal glands. The HPA axis also plays a role in the regulation of other systems of the body, including the gastrointestinal, neurological, and immune systems. Therefore, supporting optimal HPA axis function is important to maintaining overall health and wellness.
HPA Adapt combines five powerful adaptogenic herbs to help the body better respond to both mental and physical stressors.* With key ingredients, such as Rhodiola root extract, Sensoril® Ashwagandha, and Eleuthero root extract, combined with standardized extract of Maca and Holy Basil leaf, HPA Adapt supports healthy stress hormone balance via the HPA axis.*
- Is a non-stimulant formula.
- Reduces mental stress and fatigue.*
- Improves mood and calms occasional anxiety.*
- Supports cognitive function.*
Click HERE to order from FullScript.
- Ashwagandha by Pure Encapsulations
The Ashwagandha Pure Encapsulations supplement is best known to help counteract the effects of occasional physical and mental stress, as well as support cognition and memory function. Ashwagandha is an herb that belongs to the pepper family and has and has been used extensively over 4, 000 years for use in promoting overall health and longevity.*
- Helps to counteract the effects of occasional stress*
- May support cardiovascular, immune, cognitive and joint function*
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Ashwagandha, Withania somnifera, is an adaptogenic herb that belongs to the pepper family. It has an extensive, 4, 000-year history of traditional use and is one of the most revered and widely used Ayurvedic herbs. Ashwagandha is believed to increase energy and overall health and longevity. Withanolides are key constituents of this herb and play an important role in ashwagandhas overall ability to promote physical and mental health. In animal studies, ashwagandha has been shown to support the activity of lymphocytes and macrophages, moderate occasional stress, enhance memory and cognitive function, provide neuroprotection by scavenging free radicals, and support thyroid function. A small human clinical trial demonstrated the ability of ashwagandha to support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism. In a double blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial involving 42 volunteers, a formulation including ashwagandha indicated its potential to help promote joint comfort, which may involve modulation of cyclooxygenase enzyme activity. Traditional uses for ashwagandha included support for healthy male sexual function. Ashwagandha should be avoided by pregnant women and by individuals allergic to plants in the nightshade family.
Take 1 capsule daily, with or between meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Serving Size: One Vegetarian Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Ashwagandha Extract … 500mg
(standardized to contain 2.5% withanolides)
Other Ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
Clinic Reminders and Precautionary Measures:
Follow up appointments that DO NOT REQUIRE any physical examination will be conducted via:
- Phone Consultation
Patients who REQUIRE a physical exam or service, the following is clinic protocol to enter the premises:
- Facemask must be worn to enter the clinic
- Boby temperature scan upon entering
- Hand sanitizer dispensed upon entering
The number of appointments per day has been reduced to implement a 1-hour gap for every appointment to allow time for sanitation of the clinic space and prevent more than one patient in the lobby simultaneously.
For patients who wish to purchase supplements, please call us in advance that way we can schedule a pickup time.
Thank you for your patience with the new matter that your health care is being conducted.
By following these measures we are able to minimize the exposure to all parties involved, especially reducing the risk to those patients who are in the vulnerable population that are immune-compromised.
We would like to remind everyone as well that Dr. Ferreira is in this group and depends also on those that she is exposed to that they have done their best to social distance and
wear a mask when out in public so she may also continue to serve all patients during this pandemic.
Prescription & Appointment Reminders:
- Ask your pharmacy to send the clinic a prescription refill request 2 weeks at minimum prior to you running out of your medication.
- You may also reach out to the clinic as a secondary reminder but having the pharmacy send us the request will still be mandatory.
- Allows Dr. Ferreira to review the patient’s chart prior to authorizing the request to ensure it is still appropriate. She needs to and does review your chart before refills are sent in on her administrative day of business.
- It will prevent you from going without if Dr. Ferreira is not available due to a holiday and/or conference attendance, which can result in a week closure.
Emergency Refill Requests:
- You may need to ask your pharmacy to provide you an emergency supply if Dr. Ferreira is absent due to an unforeseen circumstance and/or conference.
- Requesting a refill when you have run out may subject you to a fee. We reserve the right to charge for an Emergency Refill for a time frame less than that of clinic policy.
Messages to Dr. Ferreira:
- Dr. Ferreira addresses these messages on her admin day so please be patient.
- Messages via the patient portal and/or clinic email directed to Dr. Ferreira should be of NON-URGENT matters.
- For urgent matters please do not send a message but rather contact the clinic to make an appointment so your concern may be addressed appropriately. You may also schedule an appointment online via the Patient Portal on Patient Fusion by logging in HERE.
- Avoid the $50 cancellation fee by canceling 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment – Clinic Cancellation Policy.
- Allows us to schedule patients who may be desire an earlier date from their scheduled appointment
- Allows Dr. Ferreira to prepare for the correct patients on schedule as Dr. Ferreira reviews cases a few days before your appointment.
Here are a couple of benefits of activating your Patient Fusion Account:
- A quick click to schedule a new appointment or reschedule one you can’t make.
- Receive reminders for upcoming appointments so you don’t forget! A great way to avoid late cancellation fees.
Clinic policies & Portal Login can be also found on the website under the “Current Patients” tab.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and/or concerns! We would like to thank everyone in advance for following our precautionary measures for our safety.
Thank you for your continued support and we wish for your safety!
Let us all avoid any unnecessary stress this month with Empowered Healing, Empowered Health, resulting in an Empowered YOU!