We would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very joyous holiday and thank you for being with us all throughout this bizarre year! Despite the events this year, you still supported us and for that we are grateful to everyone. This year may be odd but with our prayers and if we follow the guidelines and warnings provided by health officials, hopefully by next year our situation would be a bit better!
Please do not be complaisant and still continue to practice social distancing and proper santization. With this in mind, we would like to take this opportunity to let you know that this month we will be celebrating the National Handwashing Awareness Week (December 1-7, 2020).
We would like to share this poster that shows the proper way of washing your hands:
Our product highlight for this month is:
- Pure Defence w/ NAC by Pure Encapsulations
Helps support immune health*
Maintains upper respiratory health*
Made with hypoallergenic ingredients PureDefense w/NAC helps to support immune health and maintain upper respiratory health.*
Supports first-line immune defense and upper respiratory health*
Supports first-line immune defense and upper respiratory health*
Natural killer cells are part of the body’s innate, or first-line, immune response. They respond more quickly than the adaptive immune system comprised of B cells and T cells. Once activated, natural killer cell activity peaks in as quickly as several hours, providing rapid support and wide-range immune defense. EpiCor® is a fermentate of Saccharomyces cerevisiae containing various bioactive metabolites. These nutrient metabolites are produced in a specialized fermentation process and enhance immune cell production. In one cellular study, EpiCor® promoted natural killer cell activation, as well as that of B cells and T cells. In two randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trials, EpiCor® provided statistically significant support for upper respiratory tract health and overall immune health. A separate open label, in-house trial indicated a strong potential for EpiCor® supplementation to enhance secretory IgA levels after 30 days. These various actions demonstrate the ability of EpiCor® to address both innate and adaptive immune responses. NAC (n-acetyl-l-cysteine) promotes endogenous glutathione production for antioxidant protection and provides lung defense mechanisms for healthy respiratory function. In a randomized double blind trial involving mostly older individuals, NAC showed support for respiratory health. Quercetin and elderberry provide flavonoids that offer additional support for immune and respiratory function while vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc play important roles in immune cell activation. PureDefense w/NAC supports overall immune defense and provides enhanced support for upper respiratory health.
Click HERE to order from FullScript.
Hanukkah 2020 will begin in the evening of Thursday(December 10,2020) and ends in the evening of Friday(December 18, 2020).
Hanukkah is observed for eight nights and days, starting on the 25th day of Kislev according to the Hebrew calendar, which may occur at any time from late November to late December in the Gregorian calendar.
The festival is observed by lighting the candles of a candelabrum with nine branches, called a menorah. One branch is typically placed above or below the others and its candle is used to light the other eight candles. This unique candle is called the shamash. Each night, one additional candle is lit by the shamash until all eight candles are lit together on the final night of the festival.
Christmas Day (December 25, 2020)
Clinic Reminders and Precautionary Measures:
The clinic will be closed from December 23, 2020 to December 29, 2020 and January 1, 2020. If your prescription is about to run out, please ask your pharmacy to send us a refill request 2 weeks prior to the dates mentioned above, that way you avoid running out of supplies during the holidays.
Follow up appointments that DO NOT REQUIRE any physical examination will be conducted via:
- Phone Consultation
Patients who REQUIRE a physical exam or service, the following is clinic protocol to enter the premises:
- Facemask must be worn to enter the clinic
- Boby temperature scan upon entering
- Hand sanitizer dispensed upon entering
The number of appointments per day has been reduced to implement a 1-hour gap for every appointment to allow time for sanitation of the clinic space and prevent more than one patient in the lobby simultaneously.
For patients who wish to purchase supplements, please call us in advance that way we can schedule a pickup time.
Thank you for your patience with the new matter that your health care is being conducted.
By following these measures we are able to minimize the exposure to all parties involved, especially reducing the risk to those patients who are in the vulnerable population that are immune-compromised.
We would like to remind everyone as well that Dr. Ferreira is in this group and depends also on those that she is exposed to that they have done their best to social distance and wear a mask when out in public so she may also continue to serve all patients during this pandemic.
Prescription & Appointment Reminders:
- Ask your pharmacy to send the clinic a prescription refill request 2 weeks at minimum prior to you running out of your medication.
- You may also reach out to the clinic as a secondary reminder but having the pharmacy send us the request will still be mandatory.
- Allows Dr. Ferreira to review the patient’s chart prior to authorizing the request to ensure it is still appropriate. She needs to and does review your chart before refills are sent in on her administrative day of business.
- It will prevent you from going without if Dr. Ferreira is not available due to a holiday and/or conference attendance, which can result in a week closure.
Emergency Refill Requests:
- You may need to ask your pharmacy to provide you an emergency supply if Dr. Ferreira is absent due to an unforeseen circumstance and/or conference.
- Requesting a refill when you have run out may subject you to a fee. We reserve the right to charge for an Emergency Refill for a time frame less than that of clinic policy.
Messages to Dr. Ferreira:
- Dr. Ferreira addresses these messages on her admin day so please be patient.
- Messages via the patient portal and/or clinic email directed to Dr. Ferreira should be of NON-URGENT matters.
- For urgent matters please do not send a message but rather contact the clinic to make an appointment so your concern may be addressed appropriately. You may also schedule an appointment online via the Patient Portal on Patient Fusion by logging in HERE.
- Avoid the $50 cancellation fee by canceling 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment – Clinic Cancellation Policy.
- Allows us to schedule patients who may be desire an earlier date from their scheduled appointment
- Allows Dr. Ferreira to prepare for the correct patients on schedule as Dr. Ferreira reviews cases a few days before your appointment.
Here are a couple of benefits of activating your Patient Fusion Account:
- A quick click to schedule a new appointment or reschedule one you can’t make.
- Receive reminders for upcoming appointments so you don’t forget! A great way to avoid late cancellation fees.
Our full list of Clinic policies & Portal Login can be also found on the website under the “Current Patients” tab.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and/or concerns! We would like to thank everyone in advance for following our precautionary measures for our safety.
Thank you for your continued support and we wish for your safety!
Let us all together celebrate the holiday season with Empowered Healing, Empowered Health, resulting in an Empowered YOU!