Happy Chinese New Year from all of us at EHC! We wish you nothing but good fortune and health this Lunar New Year for you and your loved ones!! This annual celebration is also known as Spring Festival, which starts today will continue until the Lantern Festival, which will begin on February 23rd. (Read more )
Although the year of the Golden Rat proved to be challenging, it is reassuring to say we all got through it together and have grown from our experience. The year of the Golden Rat ushered in a cycle of renewal and in hindsight we can certainly say many around the world feel as a new beginning set in. Industrious and ambitious, observant Rats can find their way through any difficulties, which we proved that since we stand here today and reflect upon the year that has passed us. To keep it mind what the significance of each animal means and how it came to be let’s touch on what the ancient lore says.
“The Jade Emperor invited all of the animals in the world to join him for the New Year celebration, but only 12 animals bothered to turn up. As a great reward, he named a year after each one of them and they run in the order that the animals arrived to celebrate. The Rat tricked the Ox into giving him a ride. Then, just as they arrived at the finish line, the Rat jumped down and landed ahead of Ox, becoming first and putting the Ox in second. This Lunar New Year proceeds the year of the Golden Rat, making it the Metal or Golden Ox Year.”
“A Metal Ox Year combines an already diligent and strong Ox with the robust, firm and wealthy characteristics of Metal, it heralds a year of incessant energy, effectiveness and abundance! After a wild and erratic Year of the Rat, the Year of the Ox brings much needed balance and strength. This is the time to be persistent and tireless, to tackle all ventures with the energy and stamina of the Ox. Here’s to a gratifying, booming and prosperous Year of the Ox!”
It all starts with great food and family. On top of the list are spring rolls and dumplings for wealth and a new beginning. Steamed fish indicates fortune, while poached chicken symbolizes being together as a family and being reborn. Rice balls represents the union of family and noodles, as we all know, are eaten for long life.
Loyalty and honest hardwork will surely pay off as an oxen but we want you to enjoy the things that you worked hard for. There are a lot of things that we cannot control but let us tell you a few suggestions that we think you might be able to do to claim the year of the ox as yours.
- The ox is determined and those baby steps that you are taking will eventually lead you to where you want to be.
- Improve your sleep quality. It is always advised to follow your circadian rhythm to improve your health.
- Protect yourself by keeping yourself warm.
- Avoid stagnation by including purposeful movement to your daily exercises.
- Participate in preventive medicine.
One of the strong trait of an ox is it’s ability to carry weight and work hard. It is known to cause accumulated stress and fatigue. Provide your body with the help it needs by getting in tune with your environment by eating healthy, restoring your inner peace by meditating, and balancing your immune system by consuming food rich in natural vitamins and minerals.
If you have done these in the past and present but still feel that it is lacking then asking for help from one of the oldest preventive medicine will be one of the best option. Acupuncture is considered and was primarily done to prevent the illnesses that may lurk around when the weight that you have from stress bears down on you.
We hope that you have a prosperous and a radiant Chinese New Year ahead!
Clinic Reminders and Precautionary Measures:
Due to the pandemic, business is being conducted differently at the clinic.
Follow up appointments that DO NOT REQUIRE any physical examination or in-office therapy will be conducted via:
- Phone Consultation
Patients who REQUIRE a physical exam or service, the following is clinic protocol to enter the premises:
- Facemask must be worn to enter the clinic (Mesh masks NOT allowed)
- Boby temperature scan upon entering
- Hand sanitizer dispensed upon entering
Other changes to be noted:
- The number of appointments per day has been reduced to allow time for sanitation of the clinic space and prevent more than one patient in the lobby simultaneously.
- For patients who wish to purchase supplements, please call us in advance that way we can schedule a pickup time.
Thank you for your patience with the new matter that your health care is being conducted!!!!
Prescription & Appointment Reminders:
- 2-week advance notice is REQUIRED per Clinic Policies.
- Ask your pharmacy to send the clinic a prescription refill request
- Reaching out to the clinic as a secondary reminder is helpful but having the pharmacy send us the request is still mandatory.
- Dr. Ferreira conducts patient chart reviews at the end of the week prior to authorizing the request to ensure the prescription is still appropriate (appt. or labs may be indicated).
Emergency Refill Requests:
- Requesting a refill when you have run out may subject you to a fee. We reserve the right to charge for an Emergency Refill for a time frame less than that of clinic policy.
- You may need to ask your pharmacy to provide you an emergency supply if Dr. Ferreira is absent due to an unforeseen circumstance and/or conference.
Messages to Dr. Ferreira:
- Dr. Ferreira addresses these messages on her admin day so please be patient.
- Messages via the patient portal and/or clinic email directed to Dr. Ferreira should be of NON-URGENT matters.
- For URGENT matters please do not send a message but rather contact the clinic to make an appointment so your concern may be addressed appropriately. You may also schedule an appointment online via the Patient Portal on Patient Fusion by logging in .
- Avoid the $50 cancellation fee by canceling 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment – Clinic Cancellation Policy.
- Allows us to schedule patients who may be desire an earlier date from their scheduled appointment
- Dr. Ferreira can then prepare for the correct patients on schedule as she reviews cases a few days before your appointment.
Here are a couple of benefits of activating your Patient Fusion Account:
- A quick click to schedule a new appointment or reschedule one you can’t make.
- Receive reminders for upcoming appointments so you don’t forget! A great way to avoid late cancellation fees.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and/or concerns! We would like to thank everyone in advance for following our precautionary measures for our safety. Thank you for your continued support and we wish for your safety!
As always, Empowered Healing leads to Empowered Health, resulting in an Empowered YOU!