National Stress Awareness Month
Stress can be debilitating, and it can cause and/or aggravate health problems. And since stress is a normal part of human existence — nobody is immune to it — it’s important to arm ourselves with knowledge so that we recognize when stress rears its ugly head. (Amazingly, we don’t always notice it’s happening to us.) Stress Awareness Month happens each April. It’s important to learn some strategies for coping with this particular silent scourge. You’ve come to the right place for that. Let’s get started!
HOW TO OBSERVE STRESS AWARENESS MONTH
One of the most effective ways to deal with stress is to learn how to silence the mind. Meditation is one of the most popular methods of achieving this quiet.
Another way to battle the debilitating effects of stress is to exercise. Whether you’re a jogger, bicyclist our just like to take long walks, be sure to get some fresh air and exercise into your daily routine.
Visit your doctor
They’re really in the best position to get you started on the path to a stress-free lifestyle. Make an appointment today.
(Read more HERE)
National Minority Health Month
During National Minority Health Month, the HHS Office of Minority Health (OMH) and federal and non-federal partners will focus on the impact COVID-19 is having on racial and ethnic minority and American Indian and Alaska Native communities and underscore the need for these vulnerable communities to get vaccinated as more vaccines become available.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is an important tool to help us stop the spread of the virus and to bring this pandemic to an end so we can get back to doing the things we love doing.
(Read more HERE )
Designs for Health’s Glycine Powder offers the amino acid glycine in a pure powder form for flexible dosing.
Glycine is a neurotransmitter with the ability to be both excitatory and inhibitory, meaning it can function both to stimulate brain and nervous system activity, or to quiet it. As a neurotransmitter, glycine both stimulates and inhibits cells in the brain and central nervous system, affecting cognition, mood, appetite and digestion, immune function, pain perception, and sleep.
People use glycine as an oral supplement for a range of purposes, including improving sleep, enhancing memory, and increasing insulin sensitivity. Glycine is also available in topical form, and used to heal wounds and treat skin ulcers.
(Read more HERE)
Clinic Reminders and Precautionary Measures:
Due to the pandemic, business is being conducted differently at the clinic.
Follow up appointments that DO NOT REQUIRE any physical examination or in-office therapy will be conducted via:
- Phone Consultation
Patients who REQUIRE a physical exam or service, the following is clinic protocol to enter the premises:
- Facemask must be worn to enter the clinic (Mesh masks NOT allowed)
- Boby temperature scan upon entering
- Hand sanitizer dispensed upon entering
Other changes to be noted:
- The number of appointments per day has been reduced to allow time for sanitation of the clinic space and prevent more than one patient in the lobby simultaneously.
- For patients who wish to purchase supplements, please call us in advance that way we can schedule a pickup time.
Thank you for your patience with the new matter that your health care is being conducted!!!!
Prescription & Appointment Reminders:
- 2-week advance notice is REQUIRED per Clinic Policies.
- Ask your pharmacy to send the clinic a prescription refill request
- Reaching out to the clinic as a secondary reminder is helpful but having the pharmacy send us the request is still mandatory.
- Dr. Ferreira conducts patient chart reviews at the end of the week prior to authorizing the request to ensure the prescription is still appropriate (appt. or labs may be indicated).
Emergency Refill Requests:
- Requesting a refill when you have run out may subject you to a fee. We reserve the right to charge for an Emergency Refill for a time frame less than that of clinic policy.
- You may need to ask your pharmacy to provide you an emergency supply if Dr. Ferreira is absent due to an unforeseen circumstance and/or conference.
Messages to Dr. Ferreira:
- Dr. Ferreira addresses these messages on her admin day so please be patient.
- Messages via the patient portal and/or clinic email directed to Dr. Ferreira should be of NON-URGENT matters.
- For URGENT matters please do not send a message but rather contact the clinic to make an appointment so your concern may be addressed appropriately. You may also schedule an appointment online via the Patient Portal on Patient Fusion by logging in HERE.
- Avoid the $50 cancellation fee by canceling 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment – Clinic Cancellation Policy.
- Allows us to schedule patients who may be desire an earlier date from their scheduled appointment
- Dr. Ferreira can then prepare for the correct patients on schedule as she reviews cases a few days before your appointment.
Here are a couple of benefits of activating your Patient Fusion Account:
- A quick click to schedule a new appointment or reschedule one you can’t make.
- Receive reminders for upcoming appointments so you don’t forget! A great way to avoid late cancellation fees.
Our full list of Clinic policies & Portal Login can be also found on the website under the “Current Patients” tab found HERE.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and/or concerns! We would like to thank everyone in advance for following our precautionary measures for our safety. Thank you for your continued support and we wish for your safety!
As always, Empowered Healing leads to Empowered Health, resulting in an Empowered YOU!